Svenska 3D-Tåg - Forum  

Om det här är ditt första besök, se till att gå till vår FAQ (finns även länk till FAQ i navigeringsmenyn ovan). Du kan behöva att registrera dig innan du kan posta (finns även en länk till registrering i navigeringsmenyn ovan). För att titta på inlägg, välj det forum som du vill besöka från de som är listade nedan.

Gå tillbaka   Svenska 3D-Tåg - Forum > Övrigt > Off-topic

Svara

Ämnesverktyg Visningsalternativ
Gammal 2012-01-23, 16:50   #1
akstimur
Medlem

Reg.datum: May 2010
Standard Svenska trähus

Säg mig, vad måla målade traditionella svenska trähus?

Det naturliga färg? Vad är dess sammansättning?
Nu använder samma färg som det århundradet före sista, eller det bara ser ut?
akstimur besöker inte forumet just nu  
Svara med citat
Gammal 2012-01-23, 17:30   #2
spyfrog
Medlem

Reg.datum: Feb 2008
Standard

Citat:
Ursprungligen postat av akstimur Visa inlägg
Säg mig, vad måla målade traditionella svenska trähus?

Det naturliga färg? Vad är dess sammansättning?
Nu använder samma färg som det århundradet före sista, eller det bara ser ut?
Hej Akstimur.

I suggest that you write your question in English instead of use Google translate since the translation to Swedish isn't so good.

I guess you are thinking of the traditional Swedish red that many houses are painted in? That is called Falu rödfärg from the beginning. Loosly translates to "Red paint from Falu". Falu is in this case the old copper mine in Falun that was called Falu gruva.

The old red paint is a simple paint that gets it's red colour from the copper ore rich minerals that was left after the mining of the copper ore. So it is waste from the mine that is used to make it. They still make the colour there and they can continue to make it for a while. So the original colour is still used. You can read more about it here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Falu_red

Off course, today we also use other paints instead off this original paint. However, the red colour is popular so several other companies have paints with simular colours but most of them doesn't use the old formula that make up real Falu rödfärg but rather uses their own standard paints and dyies them in the same red as Falu rödfärg.
spyfrog besöker inte forumet just nu   Svara med citat
Gammal 2012-01-23, 18:05   #3
akstimur
Medlem

Reg.datum: May 2010
Standard

Thank you for the informative answer. Perhaps the traditional paint Falu rödfärg has also antiseptic properties? It is very hard it is based on wooden structures. Russian wooden buildings have not traditionally painted, and if the paint is used, then a short time served.

akstimur besöker inte forumet just nu   Svara med citat
Gammal 2012-01-23, 20:25   #4
spyfrog
Medlem

Reg.datum: Feb 2008
Standard

Citat:
Ursprungligen postat av akstimur Visa inlägg
Thank you for the informative answer. Perhaps the traditional paint Falu rödfärg has also antiseptic properties? It is very hard it is based on wooden structures. Russian wooden buildings have not traditionally painted, and if the paint is used, then a short time served.

Well, the traditional paint actually have some antiseptic properties since it contains some amount of copper. It reduces the growth in mold and other things. However, I think that the original paint was better in this regard since newer paint is forced to have less copper in it because of enviromental issues.

Also, the more humid winters during the last ten years have been a problem for many types of paint since the more humid condtions favor mold growing so paint last a shorter time.

If you are modeling Swedish houses you should perhaps know that even if this red colour with white corners is the traditional Swedish colours for small houses and barns they are not the most common colours used today. The most common house colour is actually yellow today. Also note that older red houses often had black corners and not white.

Btw - most Swedish houses wasn't painted either before the 19th century. Barns that stood on the fields was frequently not painted even as late as in the 1950's (now many of these are removed or derelict since they aren't used anymore). It wasn't until the 20th century that most building become painted. This was because paint was expensive and Swedes was quite poor until after the war.

Senast redigerad av spyfrog den 2012-01-23 klockan 20:31.
spyfrog besöker inte forumet just nu   Svara med citat
Svara

Regler för att posta
Du får inte posta nya ämnen
Du får inte posta svar
Du får inte posta bifogade filer
Du får inte redigera dina inlägg

BB-kod är
Smilies är
[IMG]-kod är
HTML-kod är av
Forumhopp

Alla tider är GMT +2. Klockan är nu 21:37.