Svenska 3D-Tåg - Forum  

Om det här är ditt första besök, se till att gå till vår FAQ (finns även länk till FAQ i navigeringsmenyn ovan). Du kan behöva att registrera dig innan du kan posta (finns även en länk till registrering i navigeringsmenyn ovan). För att titta på inlägg, välj det forum som du vill besöka från de som är listade nedan.

Gå tillbaka   Svenska 3D-Tåg - Forum > Övrigt > Arkiverade forum > SST - Simulator för spårburen trafik > SST - Simulator för spårburen trafik

Svara

Ämnesverktyg Visningsalternativ
Gammal 2005-01-02, 01:51   #1
Jpl

Reg.datum: Jan 2005
Standard Future of SST simulator

What plans you do have for future?

Will we see good route- and timetable editors for SST?
And what about traffic simulation, when there is other trains and the train dispatcher controlling traffic?

I have some interest to start doing a finnish version from SST..
Jpl besöker inte forumet just nu  
Svara med citat
Gammal 2005-01-02, 02:14   #2
Jpl

Reg.datum: Jan 2005
Standard

Current beta seems to have some very bad bugs. I've currently seen some messages about opengl errors, buffer overruns and memory corruptions the program has caused.. It is stable when you don't do anything special. Doesn't actually run smoothly on default settings, I had to reduce vegetation and terrain settings to 0.1 from view3d.xml to get it driveable on Duron 1.8 GHz with 512 MB ram and Radeon 9000 Pro 64 MB.

Still one question: how one applies settings to ATC?
Jpl besöker inte forumet just nu   Svara med citat
Gammal 2005-01-03, 15:19   #3
jimmyroq

Reg.datum: Feb 2003
Standard

First, I wouldn't expect it to run smooth on your hardware setup, but the OpenGL errors shouldn't be there if you tried the DOUBLEMASKS="FALSE" fix in View3D.xml. If they still are, my guess is that your graphics card doesn't support the number of multiple textures
needed, which is something we most likely won't fix. We are designing the simulator for a high-end hardware setup.

About the ATC settings, I think there is a reply on that in one of the other threads, but I think it is properly configured when you start the simulator, even if the figures on the panel don't give that impression. The ATC implementation is still at a very early stage, so don't expect it to work all the time...

Unfortunately, I believe the answer to your first two questions is no. It's beyond the scope of the SST project to develop "good route- and timetable editors". The main purpose of the simulator is research on the train driver's view, which means that we can fake the surrounding traffic with a event-based script language, like: "when train A is at position X, trigger this or that event".

Good luck with the finnish version, if you have more developer oriented questions, feel free to send me a mail.
/Jimmy

jimmyroq besöker inte forumet just nu   Svara med citat
Gammal 2007-08-27, 16:22   #4
juhis
Medlem

Reg.datum: Nov 2006
Standard

Well, I'm very unsure about finnish version of SST, but it's still great to show something!
juhis besöker inte forumet just nu   Svara med citat
Svara

Ämnesverktyg
Visningsalternativ

Regler för att posta
Du får inte posta nya ämnen
Du får inte posta svar
Du får inte posta bifogade filer
Du får inte redigera dina inlägg

BB-kod är
Smilies är
[IMG]-kod är
HTML-kod är av
Forumhopp

Liknande ämnen
Ämne Startat av Forum Svar Senaste inlägg
Trian simulator 2 snobben MS Trainsimulator - Allmänt om MS Trainsimulator / Open Rails 8 2004-12-13 12:25
Katastrofljud i Train Simulator niofem MS Trainsimulator - Allmänt om MS Trainsimulator / Open Rails 2 2003-09-03 19:43
En simulator som nån kanske vill testa? Olaf Lindström Off-topic 3 2003-05-29 08:22
Press release - Trainz Railroad Simulator 2004 Fredrik Trainz - Allmänt om Trainz 31 2003-05-23 11:51
Äntligen Tunnelbana till Train Simulator! Pson MS Trainsimulator - Allmänt om MS Trainsimulator / Open Rails 7 2002-10-22 19:51

Alla tider är GMT +2. Klockan är nu 18:33.