Svenska 3D-Tåg - Forum  

Om det här är ditt första besök, se till att gå till vår FAQ (finns även länk till FAQ i navigeringsmenyn ovan). Du kan behöva att registrera dig innan du kan posta (finns även en länk till registrering i navigeringsmenyn ovan). För att titta på inlägg, välj det forum som du vill besöka från de som är listade nedan.

Gå tillbaka   Svenska 3D-Tåg - Forum > DTG - Train Simulator > Landskapsdesign - DTG - Train Simulator

Svara

Ämnesverktyg Visningsalternativ
Gammal 2010-07-10, 09:13   #1
BigVern
Medlem

Reg.datum: Aug 2009
Standard Swedish Routes Currently Under Development?

I'm currently thinking of starting a Swedish route in Railworks, possibly part of the Inlandsbanan or one of its branches. However wanted to check that no one else is currently working on a similar project, to avoid duplication.

I presume the main source for Swedish objects are those contained in the test route and those hosted at Banbyggarna?

Thanks.
BigVern besöker inte forumet just nu  
Svara med citat
Gammal 2010-07-10, 13:04   #2
Pierre
Hedersmedlem

Reg.datum: Aug 2001
Standard

That sounds great, but I would rather see en electrified line, because of the Rc locomotive...

Look for Swedish objects here in the Download forum too!
Gammal 2010-07-11, 10:03   #3
BigVern
Medlem

Standard

I thought about an electrified route but I've always had a special affection for the Inlandsbanan. I didn't realise there was an RC4 locomotive available, I'll have to check that one out. I guess the GARL Class 380 could also pass for a Swedish EMU at a pinch.

I'll have a think about a suitable prototype.
BigVern besöker inte forumet just nu   Svara med citat
Gammal 2010-07-11, 10:29   #4
bönan
Veteran

Reg.datum: Jul 2008
Standard

Just as you know, there is some plans to electrify the southern part of inlandsbanan bethween Mora and Orsa. But Inlandsbanan would be great, especelly the southern part!

Tågklarerare, Fagersta Central, Nora, Smedjebacken och Mora
bönan besöker inte forumet just nu   Svara med citat
Gammal 2010-07-11, 14:15   #5
BigVern
Medlem

Standard

I have a good nose for sniffing out obscure closed lines (like my Sulitjelma route for RS and TRS). I just noticed there used to be a line from Sveg to Hede, about 72km so ideal for a trainsimming project.

Unfortunately though some of the Google Earth imagery for that area is low resolution so it might be a case of "best guess" to plot the route of the line.
Gammal 2010-07-11, 18:42   #6
Pierre
Hedersmedlem

Reg.datum: Aug 2001
Standard

There are a line I really would like to see and that is the old Eskilstuna banan. It went from Stockholm C to Eskilstuna with the branchline Akers styckebruk - Strangnas and the 600mm museum railway Laggesta sodra - Mariefred.

But it is very hard to get info about the line...

Some in Swedish here: http://www.jarnvag.net/index.php/ban...talje-nybybruk

Laggesta in 1980: http://postvagnen.com/forum/index.php?id=132763 Train from Eskilstuna to Stockholm C..

Laggesta in 1993: http://postvagnen.com/forum/index.php?id=95390 In a couple months, no more SJ trains here...

This are the line today (2008): http://postvagnen.com/forum/index.php?id=20201

The line closed in 1994 when a new line to Eskilstuna open.

Senast redigerad av Pierre den 2010-07-11 klockan 18:46.
Pierre besöker inte forumet just nu   Svara med citat
Gammal 2010-07-12, 09:22   #7
BigVern
Medlem

Standard

Well Sveg to Hede is looking good. I managed to find a plug in for Google Earth which overlays the Enviro high resolution Swedish aerial imagery on top of the low resolution default Google aerial view. Easy to pick out the course of the abandoned line, with some guesswork in one or two places.

There's also a good source of information here...

http://www.historiskt.nu/normalsp/st...hede_main.html

including station plans and an outline gradient profile (I never did find one of those for the Inlandsbanan).

So it looks like we're off to Hede...
Gammal 2010-07-13, 17:03   #8
KMW
Medlem

Reg.datum: Feb 2005
Standard

Nice to hear from you again Vern, much liked your Inlandsbanan for MSTS and Sulitjelma for RS.
I'm sure Sveg to Hede will be as good as those.
Sveg has an interesting bridge combining road and rail traffic.
I'm planning to move my old wooden rail-cars into RS/RW and also working on the steel rail-cars from the 50's.
Both would be very well suited for Sveg - Hede.
And there is also other things in the pipeline that would fit nicely on such a route.

Regards, Anders
KMW besöker inte forumet just nu   Svara med citat
Gammal 2010-07-14, 16:10   #9
BigVern
Medlem

Standard

I have managed to get the terrain done (which is flatter than I thought it would be) and most of the track laid, however when I went back into GE last night to produce more markers the enviro plug in wasn't working. I think this will probably be a longer term project along with a couple of other routes I'm working on (including a distraction into narrow gauge after seeing Richard Scott's Darjeeling loco and rolling stock).
Gammal 2010-07-14, 20:32   #10
KMW
Medlem

Reg.datum: Feb 2005
Standard

Vern, you can try this network link to get images from hitta.se which is a competitor to eniro: http://www.thechajoneri.se/hitta_images.aspx
Flatness of the terrain might be explained by the fact you are still in the woodlands of Sweden, not the mountains as you might have expected?

/anders
KMW besöker inte forumet just nu   Svara med citat
Gammal 2010-07-15, 16:34   #11
BigVern
Medlem

Standard

I find many of the Google Earth plug ins are a bit erratic, but if I can't get the enviro one working I'll try the other link - thanks.

At least with flatter terrain it should be easier to use the grouped trees and keep the object count down!
Svara

Ämnesverktyg
Visningsalternativ

Regler för att posta
Du får inte posta nya ämnen
Du får inte posta svar
Du får inte posta bifogade filer
Du får inte redigera dina inlägg

BB-kod är
Smilies är
[IMG]-kod är
HTML-kod är av
Forumhopp

Alla tider är GMT +2. Klockan är nu 01:53.