Svenska 3D-Tåg - Forum  

Om det här är ditt första besök, se till att gå till vår FAQ (finns även länk till FAQ i navigeringsmenyn ovan). Du kan behöva att registrera dig innan du kan posta (finns även en länk till registrering i navigeringsmenyn ovan). För att titta på inlägg, välj det forum som du vill besöka från de som är listade nedan.

Gå tillbaka   Svenska 3D-Tåg - Forum > Microsoft Trainsimulator / Open Rails > Landskapsdesign - MSTS / Open Rails

Svara

Ämnesverktyg Visningsalternativ
Gammal 2004-09-21, 16:39   #1
Big Vern
Medlem

Reg.datum: Aug 2003
Standard Inlandsbanan - Request for Information

Please excuse me posting in English, I hope that is okay.

Some of you may already know me from other forums but I'm posting here as this relates specifically to a Scandinavian project. I'm actively planning to recreate a section of the Swedish Inlandsbanan in MSTS, the section north of Arvidsjaur certainly to Jokkmokk and hopefully on to Gallivare. It's a line I have fond memories travelling over during the 1980's with a superb wilderness feel as the little red railcar growls along through the forests and remote hills.

I've already ordered 4 of the 8 1:50,000 maps I need to properly model the terrain and plot the course of the line. However I'm short on information for certain aspects of the line. Most wanted is a gradient profile followed by track plans for the stations (or at least a list of which ones have crossing loops and sidings). Some information on speed restrictions and signalling would be useful.

I did try emailing Inlandsbanan AB a few months ago when I last considered this project, but got no answer. I can probably get by without the gradient profile but track layouts and speeds are essential.

I should add this is a freeware project which will be made available both via upload and the "at cost" method of CD distribution. It is certainly more than vapourware as I wouldn't have spent 322kr on maps if I wasn't serious about it!

Any help will be much appreciated - thank you.

Chief Track Welder
Big Vern besöker inte forumet just nu  
Svara med citat
Gammal 2004-09-21, 18:32   #2
Fredrik
Admin & STW-member

Reg.datum: Aug 2001
Standard

Hi Vern!

You don't have to excuse you posting in English We have seen posts here in all kinds of languages like swedish, danish, finnish, dutch, german and english...

Nice to see that you going to build some parts from the Inlandsbanan.

I will give you some hints where to find more info and I also hope that some of our members here will help you also.

At http://f15.parsimony.net/forum25608/ (it's The Swedish Railway Club forum you will find there) you will find a forum where many many trainfreaks are gathered. It's in Swedish but if you have questions just post in english and hopefully you will get some answers. Some months ago it was a photo-posting-weekend with Inlandsbanan as theme. Many pictures from Inlandsbanan where shown.

I think someone asked about a gradient map of the Inlandbanan some time ago.... So try posting the text you posted here to get some more info

And by the way. If you talk to Barney, please say Hi from me.
Haven't seen him on the net for a long long time now but I try to send him a SMS every now and then.

Fredrik besöker inte forumet just nu   Svara med citat
Gammal 2004-09-21, 21:06   #3
Big Vern
Medlem

Standard

I haven't heard from Barney for ages - either on a forum or by email. I sent him an email a few weeks ago to all his known email addresses but never had a reply.

As the revival of Crotrainz site never happened it looks as though he has quietly left the scene. While I respect that, his input will be sorely missed.

Chief Track Welder
Big Vern besöker inte forumet just nu   Svara med citat
Gammal 2004-09-22, 17:49   #4
Big Vern
Medlem

Standard

Quick update, the first maps have arrived (superb service from Kartbutiken in Stockholm) and the level of detail is excellent. Contours at 5m intervals and height above sea level at frequent intervals along the railway track.

Chief Track Welder
Gammal 2004-09-23, 23:07   #5
Big Vern
Medlem

Standard

Well construction has begun! Sorted out the first 40km of markers and done some terraforming in TS Tools with contour tracing. I may need help to translate some of the map symbols later on so I know what is forest and what is tundra/moorland.

Chief Track Welder
Gammal 2004-09-28, 15:12   #6
Mazz
Hedersmedlem

Reg.datum: Sep 2001
Standard

I have now establish a contact at IBAB.
Vern, please take a contact with me thru email, to see if I can assist you in any way.

/Mats A

Mazz besöker inte forumet just nu   Svara med citat
Gammal 2004-09-29, 00:46   #7
Big Vern
Medlem

Standard

Mazz - you have mail.

Chief Track Welder
Gammal 2004-10-10, 23:59   #8
Big Vern
Medlem

Standard

Quick progess update...

Have got markers done from Arvidsjaur to north of Jokkmokk and contour tracing/terrain creation in TS Tools is done from Arvidsjaur to around 20km south of Jokkmokk. The final 4 maps should arrive this week so I'm hoping the rest of the markers and terrain will be complete towards the end of October.

BTW Mats (S) and Hawk, if you happen to see this I've emailed you for permission to use some of the objects you have uploaded to this site. Would appreciate confirmation this will be okay, before going ahead and using them.

Chief Track Welder
Gammal 2004-10-11, 02:23   #9
Hawk
Veteran

Standard

Hello
No problems, you may use the objekts.

Hawk

Hawk besöker inte forumet just nu   Svara med citat
Gammal 2004-10-11, 07:28   #10
Pierre
Hedersmedlem

Standard

WOW! This is gonna be great. Inlandsbanan for MSTS.....

I will follow your progess. Keep us updated please!

http://pirpen.cjb.net/
Pierre besöker inte forumet just nu   Svara med citat
Gammal 2004-10-11, 10:06   #11
Big Vern
Medlem

Standard

Thanks Hawk.

BTW does anyone know if there are any Swedish style speed limit signs and whistle posts available for MSTS, to save having to make my own?

Chief Track Welder
Gammal 2004-10-11, 10:49   #12
Mazz
Hedersmedlem

Reg.datum: Sep 2001
Standard

On e-buzz downloads there are speed limit signs etc that you need:

"msts.e-buzz.net - Downloads - 6 MS Trainsimulator - övrigt - skyltar o signaler"

There you have signals, roadsigns, speedsigns, crossings etc.

Look also on:

www.banbyggarna.com

where also there are some Swedish objects, suitable for you.

/Mats A

Mazz besöker inte forumet just nu   Svara med citat
Gammal 2004-10-11, 14:40   #13
Big Vern
Medlem

Standard

Some excellent stuff on the other site... though I doubt if IKEA has a shop in Jokkmokk!

Chief Track Welder
Gammal 2004-10-13, 10:27   #14
Big Vern
Medlem

Standard

I can find the signals (Swesig Version 2, Beta 1), but not the speed limits or at least the speedpost.dat file. I know this must exist as I've been running KMJ (nice work, Hawk - very inspirational). Any clue as to where I can find it? I could copy over the one from KMJ and find the shape and texture files but KMJ specifically states items may not be exported from the route (other than those uploaded individually).

A picture of a Swedish "whistle" sign would be useful, for that I can easily make my own in TSM.

Chief Track Welder
Gammal 2004-11-21, 23:51   #15
Big Vern
Medlem

Standard

Citat:
quote:Tidigare skrev Mazz

Look also on:

www.banbyggarna.com

where also there are some Swedish objects, suitable for you.

/Mats A

Sorry to bump but this site seems to have gone since I last looked. Popped back today to check and see if there any more items to use for the Inlandsbanan and comes up with error message "domain does not exist." Has the URL changed or can the items still be downloaded elsewhere?

Chief Track Welder
Svara

Ämnesverktyg
Visningsalternativ

Regler för att posta
Du får inte posta nya ämnen
Du får inte posta svar
Du får inte posta bifogade filer
Du får inte redigera dina inlägg

BB-kod är
Smilies är
[IMG]-kod är
HTML-kod är av
Forumhopp

Liknande ämnen
Ämne Startat av Forum Svar Senaste inlägg
Inlandsbanan - Now at Beta Big Vern Landskapsdesign - MSTS / Open Rails 61 2007-07-15 16:45
Inlandsbanan - Update Big Vern Landskapsdesign - MSTS / Open Rails 1 2004-11-05 15:12
Another Translation Request... Big Vern Landskapsdesign - MSTS / Open Rails 3 2004-10-20 16:07
Map Translation request Big Vern Landskapsdesign - MSTS / Open Rails 2 2004-09-24 20:10
Om du bygger Inlandsbanan... Json Allmänt om tågsimulatorer 2 2004-02-18 16:07

Alla tider är GMT +2. Klockan är nu 02:38.