Svenska 3D-Tåg - Forum  

Om det här är ditt första besök, se till att gå till vår FAQ (finns även länk till FAQ i navigeringsmenyn ovan). Du kan behöva att registrera dig innan du kan posta (finns även en länk till registrering i navigeringsmenyn ovan). För att titta på inlägg, välj det forum som du vill besöka från de som är listade nedan.

Gå tillbaka   Svenska 3D-Tåg - Forum > DTG - Train Simulator > DTG - Train Simulator - Downloads

Svara

Ämnesverktyg Visningsalternativ
Gammal 2021-03-12, 00:04   #16
Yellow_wing
Medlem

Reg.datum: Oct 2012
Standard Szenario: Veteran Tag Björkliden-Kiruna

@hgv

With scenario: 'Veteran Tag Björkliden-Kiruna' I have a lot of trouble.

I tried multiply time. With long distance scenario, I'm using often the time accelaration (by using EnableAsyncKeys).

I tried with 5x acceleration on the long part of driving. But slow down on any station, signal and so on. The scenario dosn't worked. The train GT42692 didn't move at all and blocked switches and rest of route.

Then I tried with max 2x acceleration the same happends.

So I tried the scenario with normal speed 1x the whole way.

I started on Bjorkliden on 12:28.
In Stordalen I arrived 12:45 on track 2. I had to wait to train GT9912. The train passed on 12:54. But the signal dosn't change to green. I hat to klick manually to the switch. All the times I've got the message 'it is blocked by the train GT9912.
On 12:55 I could change the switch and could drive further in direction Bergfors.

On Bergfors I arrived on 13:26 on track 'station'. Then I could drive about 300 meters to next signal, which was red.
I checked in the 2D menu, I saw the GT42604 still between Kiruna and Krokvik and was NOT moving.
So the scenario ended here, because there where no possibility to get a green signal. The train GT42604 blocked the rest of the scenario.

I checked the scenario in den scenario editor menu. Inside of scenaro edit mode, with the time acceleration function, I was able to observe the full scenario and it worked (as you described earlier).
But in normal drive mode the scenario will not work.

In my opinion instead the AI train will drive such a long way trough this route, it would be better to place more 'Portals' where the AI-trains appear and disappear short to the places, where they should crossing the driver train. But as far as I know, you can only set new Portals in route edit mode and not in scenario edit mode? Because, in scenario edit mode, I couldn't insert a new portal (not in list). In route edit mode, there was the portal object avaiable for insert. But I din't insert it, because after route change may other scenario will may not work anymore?

I sure, you are more expert than I! What you think?

Kind regards
Yellow
Yellow_wing besöker inte forumet just nu   Svara med citat
Gammal 2021-03-13, 18:45   #17
Hgv
Medlem

Reg.datum: Apr 2007
Standard

Sorry I didn't see your message until now (the forum has a nasty habit of marking threads as "read" as soon as you have visited the page).

I didn't know you can use time acceleration in TS (that would be useful sometimes).

I haven't done any more scenario testing as I'm currently working on updating the route. But in my experience the dispatcher can fail to set a proper route in a scenario in what seems like random ways. It could be that the player is late (or early?) or other reasons.

Portals can help, but as far as I know they are not 100% reliable on single track lines. The root problem is always that if you want anything interesting to happen, it means you will have to meet AI trains, and whenever the player train interferes with AI trains' routes, there is a risk that something will be corrupted.

It's true that you can only place portals in the route editor (unfortunately). But editing the route doesn't necessarily mean that you will "break" any scenarios, it all depends on what you edit. For example, I changed the speed limits and then the timetables will update for all trains, so a scenario may or may not work in that case. Adding a portal shouldn't create any problems in itself, but of course you won't be able to share the scenario unless you also share the update route with the portal included.

Feel free to experiment with the portals - if you get it to work I can add the same portals when I release the updated route for all to enjoy.
Hgv besöker inte forumet just nu   Svara med citat
Gammal 2021-03-14, 22:13   #18
Yellow_wing
Medlem

Reg.datum: Oct 2012
Standard

Hello hgv

Thanks for your reply.

I will try with portals.
Also I will try the other scenarios too.

I saw that you want to update the route. Great! Thanks for your work!

Kind regards
Yellow
Yellow_wing besöker inte forumet just nu   Svara med citat
Svara

Ämnesverktyg
Visningsalternativ

Regler för att posta
Du får inte posta nya ämnen
Du får inte posta svar
Du får inte posta bifogade filer
Du får inte redigera dina inlägg

BB-kod är
Smilies är
[IMG]-kod är
HTML-kod är av
Forumhopp

Alla tider är GMT +2. Klockan är nu 10:18.