Visa ett inlägg
Gammal 2020-03-10, 13:00   #7
Hgv
Medlem

Reg.datum: Apr 2007
Standard

Hola Alejandro!

I hope it's OK for you if I reply in English.

It's nice that you're showing an interest in Swedish railways. I've spent a lot of time in Spain so I've tried out a lot of the stuff available on railsim.es and I must say I'm quite impressed, both by the variety of realistic routes available and by all the trains and objects that you can download.

I must say one advantage you have in Spain over us in Sweden is that Sweden is a small country population wise and so we only have a small train sim community. We are lucky to have some very nice trains and objects to build with, but unfortunately these days nobody is actively building new objects for route building. I find this is the major drawback to making realistic routes in Sweden, that it takes me a very long time to find suitable buildings, bridges etc to place along the route.

For example, in my route Jönköpingsbanan I find that I stop and a take a very long time to find decent solutions whenever I need to place a bridge crossing the railway. There are a few objects that are usable, but often a lot of tweaking is needed, and even then it doesn't look very good since the bridge uses a different kind of embankment compared to the track, and issues like that. Similarly whenever I come across areas of houses/villas it's difficult to find suitable houses for the route, and I end up picking house objects from various payware routes that I have. Of course that's something I want to avoid since my route is supposed to be freeware!

So what do I want to say with all this? Well, if you're a skilled developer I would suggest that before you set out on a major route project (remember Luleå-Stockholm would be around 1000 km!), see if you can create some route building assets that can help speed up the building process. I think we are still lacking a variety of Swedish style buildings, bridges/tunnels/viaducts, vehicles etc.

Good luck with your Swedish rail projects and don't hesitate to ask if you need any advice!
Hgv besöker inte forumet just nu   Svara med citat