Visa ett inlägg
Gammal 2004-09-21, 15:39   #1
Big Vern
Medlem

Reg.datum: Aug 2003
Standard Inlandsbanan - Request for Information

Please excuse me posting in English, I hope that is okay.

Some of you may already know me from other forums but I'm posting here as this relates specifically to a Scandinavian project. I'm actively planning to recreate a section of the Swedish Inlandsbanan in MSTS, the section north of Arvidsjaur certainly to Jokkmokk and hopefully on to Gallivare. It's a line I have fond memories travelling over during the 1980's with a superb wilderness feel as the little red railcar growls along through the forests and remote hills.

I've already ordered 4 of the 8 1:50,000 maps I need to properly model the terrain and plot the course of the line. However I'm short on information for certain aspects of the line. Most wanted is a gradient profile followed by track plans for the stations (or at least a list of which ones have crossing loops and sidings). Some information on speed restrictions and signalling would be useful.

I did try emailing Inlandsbanan AB a few months ago when I last considered this project, but got no answer. I can probably get by without the gradient profile but track layouts and speeds are essential.

I should add this is a freeware project which will be made available both via upload and the "at cost" method of CD distribution. It is certainly more than vapourware as I wouldn't have spent 322kr on maps if I wasn't serious about it!

Any help will be much appreciated - thank you.

Chief Track Welder
Big Vern besöker inte forumet just nu  
Svara med citat