Visa ett inlägg
Gammal 2019-01-31, 15:57   #10
Hgv
Medlem

Reg.datum: Apr 2007
Standard

Since we are talking about ATC I would like to know if you would be interested in making Swedish signals and ATC or if your work would be limited strictly to the train itself.

Currently what I as a route builder have to work with are Swedish signals and track signs designed back in the Rail Simulator era, and they are quite limited in functionality as well as looks, and unfortunately there seems to be little interest (or knowledge?) in the Swedish community to make any improvements to the signals. It makes it next to impossible to put workable signalling (especially that also works correctly for AI trains) in complex stations and yards.

I also find it difficult to find good scenery objects - from trackside objects and vegetation to buildings and vehicles - that fit and look natural in the Swedish environment. This has resulted in my route (Jönköpingsbanan) using objects from many different sources, which makes it difficult to share the route and for other users to find all assets they need.

If these areas could be addressed - new signalling, and more dedicated scenery objects, I think we'd see more (and faster) route development and as a result a bigger interest in Swedish rolling stock as well. So far, unfortunately we don't have many miles of Swedish tracks to drive on.
Hgv besöker inte forumet just nu   Svara med citat