Visa ett inlägg
Gammal 2018-07-10, 15:34   #19
Mazz
Hedersmedlem

Reg.datum: Sep 2001
Standard

Idag, för några timmar sedan:

DTG_Luke [utvecklare] 3 timmar sedan
We have not abandoned the tools. We have also started them, they're coming along quite well.

As has been previously stated, we could have just released the standard UE4 editor like certain other developers have, but this would have been a bad move for us and our intentions to get third parties creating add-ons.
The UE4 tools are professional development tools. They are not beginner friendly and not very user intuitive and have a very steep learning curve.
Dovetail took a lot of flak over the years on how complicated the Train Simulator 20xx tools were. If you thought they were hard to use, they weren't a patch on the EU4 editor.

We are taking the time to get our tools right. We have heavilly modified them to make them easier to use, and added loads of features to accomodate the new things we've added to the Unreal engine. Once they're out, you'll be able to create new routes, new locos, new wagons, scenic assets, new scenarios for existing routes... everything a third party developer would need to create Add-Ons.

But we can't do all this in a rush... It takes time. But they are coming.

lite senare:

DTG_Luke [utvecklare] 2 timmar sedan
Ursprungligen skrivet av Kestrel:
Apparently, no one can take a joke. But, thanks for the standard "it's in the works" response. I know you have to make things easy now that this a console based game.

Believe me, as a very very long time mod maker (spanning back some 16 years) before joining DTG, I really really wish I can give far more than a "standard we're working on it" response. But for many reasons including legal reasons I cannot simply show the tools off right now. As much as I really want to.

Edit= also, when are people finally going to drop the "it's being dumbed down for consoles" cliché? The game is not being dumbed down for consoles and consoles are NOT the reason that recent routes have been shorter than we'd like. The latter is simply down to time, not hardware limitations.

Väldigt bra vibbar tycker jag. *förhoppningsfull*

Klipp-o-klist från:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/53007...1877522817743/

Bilder är väl aldrig fel?

www.banbyggarna.se ... ... ... www.nbvj.se

Senast redigerad av Mazz den 2018-07-11 klockan 01:34.
Mazz besöker inte forumet just nu   Svara med citat