Gammal 2016-12-10, 20:33   #26
jorgen3
Medlem

Reg.datum: Mar 2007
Standard

Citat:
Ursprungligen postat av jorgen3 Visa inlägg

Har skrivit rätt kraftfullt på Dovetails Beta forum för TSW
Så förhoppningsvis så tar man tag i det innan de släpper produkten.
Matt på Dovetail svarade på mitt och de andras inlägg angående den dåliga fysiken på tågen. Känns bra, förhoppningsvis så är det bra mycket bättre vid släppet.

TrainSim-Matt
Lots of things to tweak and get right here - the physics aren't quite right yet and they're still being worked on. Thanks for the feedback and your detailed test reports though, the engineer working on these can use these to help improve things.

Thanks Matt. With physics I would recommend a related book from the universal master of multi-body dynamics: Proffessor Ahmed Shabana: https://www.amazon.com/Railroad-Vehi...dp/B008KZULHY/

TrainSim-Matt
I'm less concerned about that element of it - the engineers who worked on the physics engine have spent hundreds of hours on it in total and really that's less of what's wrong. One example of where the sim is not quite set up correctly at the moment is simply making sure that the amount of brake force that a given pressure from the brake cylinder exerts is correct - and I think that's where it's primarily wrong, but I will defer to the engineers working on it to validate and improve as they go.

The actual inter-body dynamics works quite well.

I'll pass the reference on though, I know the engineer who did this drinks that kind of thing up, some of the formulae i've seen on his screen during development have at first made me wonder if he broke his screen :-P

TrainSim-Matt
We have a much revised power-train for the throttle handle that works much more realistically than the one in the beta, but it has a number of issues to be resolved so it couldn't go in. Short answer though is - that one is almost resolved already.
Brakes - someone is looking at those, it looks like it's largely just the amount of brake force that is applied that's wrong.
SimuGraph itself is working well, but just as with any tool it requires the right settings and we're still learning how to find the right data, where as TS1 was much more about putting in values that effected the right results, TSW is more about the hard engineering and getting all the right values in the internals - and when they're right, everything else will flow out from that
Thanks for the notes - i'll make sure our engineer reads them as he's looking over this area.

Matt

Thanks Matt for eminent replies. I know we are in good hands by DTG
Modern electric locomotives such as Vectron can produce 6.4 MW of power, however the traction effort is limited to 300 kN because of relatively low mass of 87 tons. Friction is always the limiting factor for power because of wheelslip(some light shunters have solid concrete blocks to increase mass). In this light I am bit worried of the SD40s physics behavior when full 1500 Amps of power is applied to motors starting from standstill and no wheel slip occurs while there is 2500t train in the back.

TrainSim-Matt

I will double check but i think that the adhesion on the track is currently at a default 1.0 - so it will grip like cogwheels I think this is just a track property thing that hasn't been done yet - i'll check and make sure that gets looked at though.
We actually have some really awesome support for slip and spin, i'm not sure why its not working in the beta - but if measures the temperature of the wheels as they slip and it introduces a spectacular spark particle effect if you spin for too long. It doesnt melt a gouge in to the track though, can't have everything

It will even spin individual axles if appropriate depending on what they are doing, plus you can define specific adhesion values at different parts of the route so if you have some areas that are known to be adhesion blackspots then you can set those up as well.

Senast redigerad av jorgen3 den 2016-12-10 klockan 22:26.
jorgen3 besöker inte forumet just nu   Svara med citat