Visa ett inlägg
Gammal 2016-10-27, 20:15   #8
AddictiveBiscuit
Medlem

Reg.datum: Apr 2014
Standard

Citat:
Ursprungligen postat av korvtiger Visa inlägg
A very beautiful model indeed! They must have visited a local heritage railway to capture all those details correctly.
It seems like they have looked a little too close at a real class B as one connecting rod can be seen placed on the foot board, which is the normal place to put them when the loco was disassembled for cold transportation ("nedkopplad" is the Swedish term for this, don't know the English term). This is often the case with preserved B engines today when they are not under steam. But at the same time another connecting rod can be seen in the valve gear...

I suggest the engine has traveled to France by a time traveling machine, as the loco is in a 1930s-1940s variation.
This B model has a enclosed cab and class B engines where not being rebuilt with this until the 1930s. Furthermore the loco is fitted with air brakes system Knorr, which were not available until after the WW1 for logical reasons (Knorr is a German company). It is also fitted with gas lighting using acetylene, not the paraffin lights it should have been fitted with during the first war.
I thought the same thing, and its quite noticeable its modeled of a B class from the 30-40's, its also painted fully black? Isn't that how locos was painted when put in to storage?

Either someone at DICE likes trains and had to much time or they have just decided to put a lot of attention and detail in to this model. Its seen in a few missions including one in Arabia? Very strange! You was right about that time machine.. I took some more screenshots.

I want to find out who modeled this!!