Visa ett inlägg
Gammal 2011-09-06, 23:40   #53
Mawkish
Medlem

Reg.datum: Jul 2010
Standard

Ser riktigt trevligt ut så det blir väl till att skaffa denna rutten bara för att kika på alla nyheter och lite dieselmuller kan väl aldrig skada även om det är amerikanskt

Vad gäller mitt tidigare inlägg om finmaskighet så är det nu bekräftat att den är den samma som RW2 och dessutom verkar de inte så sugna på att förfina den heller i första taget tyvärr.

Citat:
The terrain grid is the same as in RWs2. However with the self shadowing it makes a real difference to surrounding environments.
regards
Derek
Citat:
Ruth, sorry you feel that way, but it is what it is.

As I have said a few times, everyone has their thing they want improved, but we have addressed what we feel are the most important areas.
A higher detailed terrain would be nice but it is not needed. There are many ways to create finer detail areas close to the track, both polygon and texture. Time has been spent on other aspects of the sim.
Regards Derek
och

Citat:
At the end of the day (after it has got dark) everyone wants more and better.
Thats ok, more and better come with time and dedication (and money)

Right now the terrain system is better as I have said, you get self shadowing and water blends with the terrain and shows depth, so look here at my pond scene:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... =1&theater

No edge jaggies.

As for embankments you have 2 options, 1 - lofts or scenery objects along the track or 2 compromise with the current grid, both are acceptable in my opinion.
Tydligen får vi tillgång till 10 nya shaders vissa med occlusion map att leka med när det kommer till skapande av materiel dvs mer huvudbry för en amatör som jag

Citat:
The shadow model would still be used for the legacy shader (people who want to run RWs2 as it is)

The shadow poly under the rolling stock is still used.
TS2012 will also make use of occlusion maps in certain shaders (instead of shadow maps which are not effected by the new lights)
An occlusion map would be used on a bridge or an object next to the track that would be dynamically effected by the train headlight.

So much to keep track of!

An occlusion map is basically an inverse version of a shadow map. (so inverting a shadow map should give you a pretty good occlusion map to get going with)
Not made one myself yet (or experimented), been busy with other things.

There about about 10 new shaders.